Thursday, December 17, 2009

Shhhh, it's a secret

Today when David and Kaylee picked me up from school, I asked Kaylee if she wanted to go get a Christmas present for Naomi. Kaylee told me that she and Daddy already got a Tinkerbell wand for Naomi. And then she said, Mommy and we got a present for you too. We got you a Christmas Bear. Poor David, he was trying to tell Kaylee to keep it a secret but she kept telling me about my bear. I decided to allow Kaylee to get another present for Naomi besides the wand. It was so cute to see her trying to get the perfect gift for her sister. (She sure has expensive taste.) Kaylee finally settled on a Barbie with a dog for Naomi. All the way home, we kept coaching Kaylee not to tell Naomi what her Christmas present was. Well, wouldn't you know as soon as Naomi came home from school, Kaylee told Naomi, "Guess what I got you Christmas presents. I got you a wand and a Barbie." Poor Naomi was trying to plug her ears and sing and the top of her lungs. But Kaylee kept telling Naomi all about the Barbie that she bought her for Christmas. The moral of the story: If you want to keep a secret, don't tell Kaylee.

No comments: