Saturday, December 26, 2009

Our Big Christmas Present

Both girls really wanted a fish tank for Christmas this year. (The apple does not fall far from the tree!!!) I have been looking around on the internet for a used tank. I was thinking of getting the girls a small 10g or 20g tank. And then I remembered that I had this 55g tank that used to be my brother's in my classroom at school. My parents had inherited it from my brother and when they moved they donated it to me for use in my classroom. However, I have so many tanks in my room I did not have any room to set up this year so it has been hanging out in my back storage room. Since it belonged to me not the school, I decided why not bring it home and give it to the girls for Christmas. Our biggest problem was how to get it home. Thanks to Jenny's PT cruiser and two trips to my school we brought the tank home and left it in our garage. Then I went shopping for decorations for the tank. I had a blast if you couldn't tell from the picture. And then after the girls went to bed Christmas Eve, David and I cleaned up and set up the tank. The girls absolutely love it. All we have to do is buy new aerators for it. We did not realize the aerators have lost their go juice.

No comments: