Monday, October 26, 2009

Sticking Out Like A Sore Thumb

Have you ever had the feeling that you didn't belong someplace? David and I went on a date Friday night. After our dinner, we decided to go to a movie. The only movie that looked realtively decent (i.e. not rated R and not violent, gory, etc.) was Amelia. Well, when we walked in I felt a little out of place. David and I were one of a select handful that did not have gray hair and over the age of about 80. There was actually a whole group of people from a local nursing home or retirement community in attendance. I felt a little like there was some fine print for the movie that I did not read and the movie was only for people over a certain age. Oh well, David and I enjoyed ourselves. And even though the movie was a little slow, I still enjoyed it. Amelia Earhart is one of my all time favorite women. (Her biography was the first biography I ever read back in 4th or 5th grade.) In fact, for a long time I had some major hero-worship and wanted to grow up and fly planes just like her.

1 comment:

Erica Huff said...

That is really funny! I can imagine the thoughts you two were having. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. Date nights are the best!