Sunday, October 4, 2009

Just My Luck

For the first time in my life, I got a jury duty summons. I rescheduled twice and so this past Thursday I had to show up- no more rescheduling. According to everyone including the district clerk, hardly anyone gets put on a jury on a Thursday. So I thought cool I will probably go home around lunch how nice. However, they called the first set of numbers for a jury panel of 40 and wouldn't you know it my number was called. When I got to the room where the baliff gave us our juror numbers, I was juror number 20. They only needed 12 so when I talked to my dad during my lunch break he said don't worry- your safe at number 20. Hmm, wrong again. After lunch break, they called us to tell us who would be sitting on the jury. When the first 8 were taken from the first 14 jurors, I thought I am safe. But then they skipped a whole bunch of people and #9 was the person to my left (19) and wouldn't you know I ended up being juror #10. So I now get to do my civic duty and serve on a jury. I got to sit in the jury box until 5 on Thursday. I went in on Friday till noon. I have a break on Monday/Wednesday but I have to be there Tuesday, Thursday and most likely Friday. I don't know which I prefer sitting in a court room all day or dealing with teenagers. Oh well, at least David has some sub jobs from me. :o)

No comments: