Sunday, October 19, 2008

Katy Tiger Football


This weekend Katy had their homecoming game. I try to go to all of the football games to support so many of my students that play on the team. I have not been able to attend any games this season so far, therefore homecoming was a must. Katy was at the top of their game as usual. I don't know the final score but at the end of the 3rd quarter when we left. Katy was winning 54-14. As you can tell by the picture Naomi and Kaylee are die-hard Katy Tiger fans. They love going to the games and cheering on the Tigers. FYI: For those that have no clue what the girls are wearing those are football mums. I don't know the whole tradition behind them but in Texas students wear them for homecoming. The colors on the ribbons denotes either their school colors or their dates class (i.e. freshman, sophomore, junior, senior). Some of the mums can be quite extravagant. I thought it would be cute for the girls to wear mini-mums this year to the game. Everyone who saw them thought they were adorable.

No comments: