Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another Trip to the Zoo



Since my parents have a grandparent pass to the zoo and they put my name on the pass as well, David and I took advantage of it and brought the girls to the zoo together this past Saturday. This is one of the few times that we have brought Daddy to the zoo with us. Usually daddy is working and we go without him. It was really nice to share the zoo with David. David did work this past weekend but as soon as he got home we loaded the girls up and raced to the zoo. We got to the zoo before it closed but not before we had a little run-in with the law. When we arrived at the zoo, I was trying to find out how to park and was not paying as much attention as I should have to the crosswalk and I went through the crosswalk while a man was on his way through. Nothing happened but the cop that was in his car right there got really mad and flipped on his lights and followed me into the parking lot. The cop gave me a pretty good tongue lashing but luckily I did not get a ticket or a warning. I feel absolutely horrible. I honestly did not see the person in the crosswalk and I did not think I was going as fast as the cop seemed to think I was. Next time we go to the zoo I will make sure I am going extremely slow and watching that crosswalk!!

Okay, now to the fun part the zoo. We only had about an hour at the zoo so we only saw highlights. The first place Kaylee wanted to visit was the fish. (Hmm, is mommy rubbing off on her??) After the fish we visited our next favorite animals the giraffes and elephants. We had enough time to see Naomi's favorite the leopards and the ocelot. All in all we enjoyed ourselves. We also enjoyed the fact that it was not too crowded and not too hot being that it was so late in the day. Thanks Mom and Dad for putting my name on the membership!

No comments: