Sunday, July 12, 2009

No More Pull-ups for Kaylee

At long last Kaylee is potty trained. About two weeks ago, Kaylee started announcing that she needed to go to potty because she did not want to pee her pull-up. However, she still pooped in her pull-up. Last Monday, I decided that the pull-ups were more of a crutch than a potty training aid so I put her in regular panties. Monday she did rather well. Tuesday, however, she pooped in her panties while I was out running errands. I came home right when David was taking care of the mess. She was quite distraught because Daddy put her back in pull-ups and she had ruined her Ariel panties. I put her back in panties and explained if she did not want to ruin her Ariel panties that she needed to put her poo-poo in the toilet. The next day we left for Utah. We were kind of concerned how she would do traveling in the car with panties but she did excellent. In fact, at one of the rest stops while we were waiting in line to order our food Kaylee came up and said she had to go poo-poo. Since her one mistake she has stayed clean and dry and goes to the bathroom all by herself without reminders. My goal was to have her potty trained by the end of the summer. I did not think it was going to happen but she surprised me and it only took one day of panties to finish her potty training. Hooray!!!!

No comments: