Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July Fun

We had a very fun 4th of July up here in Utah. We tried to go see the parade in Provo, but by the time I got the girls ready I could not find a place to park close to where my brother Dan and his wife Stephanie were saving a spot for us. So I went back to my sister's apartment with two very disappointed girls. Early afternoon we headed up to Taylorsville to my brother Mike's and his wife Julie's house. They were kind enough to host the family 4th of July picnic (especially since they are in the middle of renovating their house). All of my siblings except John were present. My dad cooked a brisket and my mom made her terrific potato salad. The girls enjoyed watching Uncle Mike and his pals throw water balloons at each other. Kaylee was right in the middle of things telling Uncle Mike who to throw the balloons at. I wish I had gotten a picture of the balloon fight. After the picnic, the water balloons, and the naps, we headed back to Provo and parked in the Provo High parking lot to see the fireworks that were part of the Stadium of Fire program. Kaylee kept telling us all day that she does not like fireworks they scare her. Interestingly enough she fell asleep between Taylorsville and Provo and slept through the whole fireworks display. Naomi, however, really enjoyed the fireworks and wished there were more.
The girls in their 4th of July outfitsA firework

Naomi watching a firework sitting on Mike's best friend Adam's lap


Kaylee sleeping through the firework display




No comments: