Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer School

One of the many reasons I went into teaching was that I had the summers off. However, the last two years I have needed to work. Last year, I worked at the zoo which was fun but it was hot and the commute was a bear. So this year, I am trying something new and will be teaching Aquatic Science in summer school. Today was my first day. It was the usual first day today. We were given our class rosters, room keys, etc. And of course the rest of the time was spent getting our classrooms ready. I am extremely blessed and only have 11 students in my class. Tomorrow is my first day with students. I only teach M-Th with Fridays off. I get a short break between semesters (over the 4th of July weekend). And then I will be done the 2nd to last week in July. My summer vacation this year will be the last week in July and the first two weeks in August. I will let you know how things go. Here is crossing my fingers that my 11 students are great students, and I have a blast teaching them!!!

No comments: