Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Trip to the Zoo

After spending the whole summer at the zoo, I wanted to share my new view of the zoo with David and the girls. So yesterday, we picked up Aurora and headed to the zoo. It was rather hot so we only spent a couple of hours but we really enjoyed ourselves. We got there just in time to see the Sea Lion show. Having watched it 9 times this summer, I thought I would be bored but I loved watching my girls watch the show for the first time. The girls absolutely loved it. Especially when the sea lions did their buoy jump. After the sea lion show, we had to hit all of the girls favorites starting with the aquarium (I wonder why?!?). Then we headed to see the giraffes, the elephants, the cats, and the bears with other animals mixed in. Next was the carousel. Kaylee was so excited to ride the carousel right up until I put her on an animal. Then she went berserk. So Naomi (who is afraid of heights), Kaylee, and I rode around on the bench while Aurora rode one of the animals. Oh well, we had fun. Last stop was the dinosaurs. I really thought Kaylee would enjoy it because every time I called this summer she asked which dinosaurs I had seen. However, Kaylee was not a fan of the dinosaurs. She was so scared her hand was trembling in mine. If I hadn't been holding Kaylee's hand when we got to the T-Rex, she would have run out of the exhibit screaming. Poor girl, I guess dinos are not her thing.

David and the girls on the parasaurolophus. (This is before we saw the dinos in the exhibit)

Kaylee and Aurora in the piranha tunnel (It took Kaylee awhile to decide she wanted to go in it but then she had fun)

Aurora, Naomi, and Kaylee with a Masai giraffe behind them

The girls with the elephant statue

The girls in front of an Andean (Spectacled) Bear (Notice the bear has the right idea he is chilling in his pool!!)

Kaylee wanted a picture of her and the lion fountain

No comments: