Friday, April 16, 2010

I can do it myself...

Kaylee has become quite independent at the age of 3 1/2. If she is hungry, she will just help herself to a snack. Last night, Kaylee must have been hungry and since everyone was asleep she helped herself to a midnight snack. This morning I could tell she made herself a snack because there was a bag of hot dog buns and an opened jar of strawberry jelly on the breakfast table. I was puzzled when I found a wet towel in the sink with jelly all over it and a washcloth also with jelly on it. The floor right in front of the fridge was also sticky. Something had happened but I did not know what. Then Naomi complained that she stepped on some glass right about the time that I also stepped on some glass. By this time, I was really puzzled and decided to look in the trash cupboard. And there in the trashcan was a broken jar of grape jelly. Kaylee must have broken the first jelly jar on the floor. And instead of telling anyone decided to clean it up all on her own. And did a pretty good job of it for a 3 year old. I am just surprised she did not cut herself. What am I going to do with her when she is older if she is already this independent now?

No comments: