Thursday, March 24, 2011

It Takes Talent...

I am truly talented or should I say accident prone. Last night while I was driving I jammed my fingernail into my steering wheel. Since I have fake nails over my real ones, my nail could not bend back. I knew it lifted up some but thought if I babied my finger it would be ok. Well, this morning on my way out the door I caught my nail on the front door and immediately had a rather sharp piercing pain in my finger. I did not realize what happened until I got to my car and noticed my nail was crooked and completely pulled out of the nail bed on one side. I drove to work and then went and saw my school nurse. She pretty much told me what I was thinking that my nail was going to have to be removed. She buddy taped it to my middle finger so I wouldn't bang it on anything else while I waited for my doctor's office to open to see if they could take care of it. Turns out my doctor's office could not take care of it so my option was the ER or urgent care. Since my students were doing a lab today, I held off going until my lunchtime because I only have one more class (6th) and conference (7th) afterwards. I also have a helping teacher in that class. One of my good friends has lunch at the same time as me and her conference is 6th so she brought me to the urgent care. After a wonderful shot to numb my finger, I am now nail-less. The doctor says it will take a few months for it to grow back. The urgent care was so fast that my friend made it back to teach her 7th period class. For the next couple of days I get to walk around with a wrapped finger and doped up on pain meds.

1 comment:

Healthful Living said...

OUCH!!!! I can't even imagine. Makes me glad I have guy nails. Hope you recover fast. :) -D