Thursday, August 27, 2009

Naomi's First Day of School

Naomi started Kindergarten this past Monday. I was lucky enough to get someone to cover my 1st period class that day so David and I could bring Naomi to her first day of school. Our plan of attack was to go to my school first to make sure my sub showed up and then bring Naomi to school. When we woke her up, she was super excited to start school. However, the closer we got to my school the quieter she got. In fact, on the way to my classroom she walked with her eyes closed the whole way. By the time we got to her school she was in tears. She had settled down a little bit when we got to her classroom but was still very quiet and shy. But she started to cry again when we went to put her name tag on. She absolutely refused to wear the name tag. After we took off the name tag, she calmed down and we were able to take a picture. (She still looked sad but hey it was a picture.) Fast forward 7 hours later and we had a totally different kid. Naomi was all smiles and loved her first day of Kindergarten. (PS: Just in case you couldn't figure it out she is in all day Kindergarten.)
Before school: Naomi in the courtyard before we brought her to class
Naomi sitting at her desk

After School:
All smiles now. She absolutely loves school

No comments: